Onions may not be the first item that springs to mind when we think of skincare, but they are a surprising rich source of skin-friendly acids and compounds that play an important role in our beauty routine, according to “Healthline.”
What exactly are onions?
Onions belong to the Allium family of plants. It is high in antioxidant vitamins including vitamin C, A, and E, as well as flavonoids, which help protect our skin cells from the harmful effects of ultraviolet (UV) rays.
Here are some of the benefits of rubbing onions on your face:
1. Destroys bacteria
Onion extracts have been demonstrated to inactivate most germs, according to ” Healthline.” This aids in the reduction of inflammation on the skin’s surface as well as the elimination of acne.
2. Improve the appearance of your skin
Applying onion or onion extract on our faces on a regular basis helps to give our skin a healthy and vibrant appearance. This is because it aids in the removal of dull and dead skin cells from our skin.
3. Anti-aging properties
When you apply onion to your face, it helps to enhance blood flow between skin cells. Because it helps the skin become firmer and younger, it aids in the battle against wrinkles and other age-related consequences.
4. Inflammation and scarring are reduced.
Onions are high in antioxidants, which assist to reduce inflammation by fighting free radicals. Quercetin is one of the most prevalent antioxidants found in onion extract, and it aids in healing and inflammation reduction.
5. Acne treatment
Onions also contain naturally occurring sulfuric acid, which is particularly important in the treatment of acne and aggressive outbreaks, according to “Webmd.
” Acne is frequently treated with diluted sulfuric acid.
Onion application on the face.
– Blend an onion bulb with a few drops of lemon juice. Allow this mixture to dry before applying it to your face. Then, using clean water, rinse it off. This will aid in the treatment of acne and outbreaks.
– Combine 1 teaspoon onion juice and 1 tablespoon pure aloe vera gel in a bowl. To help you combat the scar, apply this mixture.
– Combine onion paste with oats (cooked for at least 20 minutes) and 1 tablespoon honey for glowing skin. Apply the mask to your face and keep it on for around 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water.